Looking for more than just a job?
AVAR Construction, Inc. is a specialty contractor based out of Fremont, California with projects throughout the state. If you are looking for a career that rewards you for hard work and innovation with competitive wages and benefits, you have come to the right place.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ANY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME:
If the link above does not work please send an email to:
AVAR Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently looking for applicants for the following positions:
Project Office Engineer
The Project Engineer will report to either a Project Manager, the Chief Engineer or the Chief Estimator. The number of projects assigned will be directly related to the total dollar value of the projects and their complexity. The specific duties of a Project Engineer will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform geometric calculations and plotting, site grading calculations and plotting and other engineering calculations under the guidance of the Chief Engineer.
- Compute load and grade requirements, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Prepare quantity take-offs based on contract plans and client specification for cost estimation purposes.
- Design and draft plans for temporary and permanent shoring.
- Assist with design package for earth retention shoring systems and/or deep foundations.
- Assist with project management, engineering, and estimation.
- Collect field data for projects under contract.
- Identify and document work outside the contracted scope.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Engineering in Training Certificate is required.
One year of experience in the following:
- Quantity takeoffs and cost estimates preparation
- Structural assessment and preparation of drawings
- Seismic retrofit of existing structures
- Seismic hazard analysis of existing structures
- Survey, drafting and site layout
- Autocad, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Supervision of the construction work
- General engineering calculations
Knowledge in the following: geotechnical in situ testing